Honours Project 1 - Week 4

This week I have been focusing my attention on getting the crawling mechanic sorted. My technical abilities aren't lacking, but this one took a lot for me to achieve. I needed to create an overlap event that triggers if the player is crouched near a vent entrance. This event involved removing the player mesh and sizing the collision capsule down by quite a significant amount! From here I also needed to make sure the camera wouldn't clip through the sides of the ventilation system as this would allow the players to see significant parts of the map they shouldn't be able to!
My next job will be to implement the drone and eventually sort out the AI (this is probably going to be the biggest job!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Games Proposal: Project 1 - Week 1

Honours Project 1 - Week 3

Honours Project 3 - Week 4