Honours Project 1 - Week 3

I have finished with my level blockout! It was a long time spent on it as my workload has been a lot, but I got there!
I got the bulk built up before I realised that the opening section didn't make a lot of sense and was far too flat considering the different levels the rest of the map had. So I went back and redid the opening room.
By adding a dropped section in the middle and turning the room into a loading bay, this gives the space a purpose and gives players more opportunity for cover. I also started adding some mechanics to the game at this point. The player can now grab onto ledges and pull themselves up, for this I used a blueprint pack from the Epic Marketplace called Custom Movement by Ju Sik Lee. Using this pack freed up a lot of my time to spend on other areas such as the vent crawling system and a drone exploration system!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Games Proposal: Project 1 - Week 1

Honours Project 1 - Week 3

Honours Project 3 - Week 4